Why should I visit a fertility clinic?
You should consider a visit to your local fertility clinic if you can identify with any of the following:
- You are under 35 years old and have been unable to conceive after 12 months of regular, unprotected intercourse.
- You are 35- to 37-years-old and have been unable to conceive after 6 months of regular, unprotected intercourse.
- You are over 37-years-old. Women over 37 could harm their chances of conceiving if they wait longer than 6 months.
What are the benefits of a fertility clinic?
Fertility clinics can assist you in finding out the cause of your infertility issues and offer treatments to help. They have access to a vast amount of resources and can provide a wide range of services all in one place to help you have the child you've been waiting for. Visiting a fertility center and having a consultation with one of the fertility experts is highly recommended as they can explain your options as well as perform the treatment.
What types of services do fertility clinics offer?
Fertility centers offer a wide range of services to help you. These services include:
Always check with your local fertility center for a list of their offered services.
- Fertility testing including diagnosis of fertility problems
- Fertility treatments, such as ovulation induction, fertility procedures requiring surgery, or assisted reproductive treatments such as in-vitro fertilization (IVF)
- Counseling during the emotional and sometimes stressful periods of fertility treatment
What are my odds of conceiving with the help of a fertility clinic?
There is no easy way to answer a question like this. Each individual is different, and the answer is dependent on many factors including age and the reason behind your infertility. The best way to get an answer to this question is to visit with a fertility expert.
Trying to conceive is not as easy for many people as it is for most. It is important to know your options if you suspect infertility issues and consult with a professional in the field. Your growing family is closer than you think.